About Elos hair removal system for professional results at home with very low economic cost.
Effective Prevention of Hair Re-Growth
Hair reduction is a gradual and cumulative process.
Our clinical studies have shown that there is less hair growth by using mē.
How long it takes to see visible results and how long the results last vary from person to person.
Periodic treatments are recommended to maintain these results.
Clinical studies have shown that when hair does grow back between each of the treatments, there will be less of it.
Elos hair removal system. What is Electro-Optical Synergy (elōs)?
Electro-optical Synergy (elōs) is the unique and patented technology that drives the mē’s ability to remove unwanted hair. It combines two types of energy- Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) and Radio Frequency (RF) to remove hair through selectively targeting the hair follicle in a safe yet effective manner.
Invented by Dr. Shimon Eckhouse, elōs technology was exclusively available to doctors through professional hair removal devices, however, it is now available to consumers directly through the mē device.
How does Electro-Optical Synergy (elōs) Work?
elōs technology selectively delivers heat from IPL and RF energy to the hair follicle affecting the source of where your hair grows. The hair follicle is destroyed, thereby removing and reducing the amount of hair you’re left with in the treated area. elōs technology can even be used safely and effectively on all skin tones including naturally dark skin.
Hair Growth Cycle
Every hair in our body goes through a complete growth cycle, from an active to resting phase. Light-based treatments work best on hairs in their active phase.
How long each cycle lasts varies from person to person and between the different parts of the body. Other factors such as genetics, metabolism and age also influence
the duration of each growth stage.
What to expect from your treatment
You will need to treat the areas of unwanted hair multiple times in order to target hair in the active cycle.
After a hair follicle is treated, it can take one to two weeks for the hair to fall out.
During this time, it may look like hair is still growing, but really the hair is being “pushed out.”
You may or may not see these hair stubs pushed out from the skin.
Inside the packaging of your mē you will find the following:
• mē system with one cartridge and protective cap already installed
• Facial Adaptor
• Protective cap(already installed)
• elōs protective cap
• Power Cord
• User Guide
• Goggles for facial treatment
• Cleaning Brush
• Replacement elōs cartridges
How to use
Step 1: preparing for mē
Remove hair in the area you intend to treat (or alternatively, use the dedicated mē epilator/ shaver accessories.
Step 2: skin sensitivity test
Before using the system for the first time, choose a small area close to the area you intend to treat, for the purpose of performing a skin sensitivity test. Follow the treatment instructions below. After the skin test, wait 30 minutes and check your skin for any reaction. If the skin appears normal and there is no redness or other skin reaction, then you are ready to perform a full treatment to the rest of the body area. Choose the elōs setting that did not result in any reaction when performing a complete treatment.
Step 3: treating with mē
1. Press the power button on the base unit to turn the system on.
2. Press the elōs button on the base and select the appropriate elōs level (Low- Medium- or High). It is recommended to start with Low level, and if you feel
comfortable, chose a higher elōs level.
3. If you use the designated shaver/ epilator, connect it instead of the protective cap and press the accessory button on the control panel once to run the epilator
mechanism at low speed. If desired, press it again to run the epilator at high speed.
The shaver cartridge operates only at speed level 1.
4. Press the elōs activation button on the applicator.
5. Place the applicator on the area you want to treat, ensuring full contact of the two silver RF delivery bars with the skin. Do not press, just gently touch the skin. System will start emitting elōs pulses.
6. Glide the applicator slowly and continuously on the treatment area without stopping in one place.
Do not return to the same spot for at least 10 seconds.
Removing unwanted hair from the face is very different from removing unwanted hair from the body. Please read the user guide thoroughly before starting to remove facial hair with your mē.
When treating facial hair, it is recommended to use the face adaptor.
The face adaptor has been designed to accommodate smaller and more delicate treatment areas on the face. It delivers energy in single pulse mode at the desired
The face adaptor can be either included in this package (configurations vary) or purchased separately as an accessory.
Facial Skin tones
Make sure to perform a skin sensitivity test before you start your treatment (check the user guide for more info).
1. Clean your skin and remove the hair on the surface of the skin. You may use tweezers, wax, shaver, etc. Do not use the mē epilator accessory on your face as it
was not designed for facial use.
2. Use a white eyeliner to conceal areas that should not be treated such as the edges of your lips and facial moles.
3. Choose a broad ambient light environment.
4. Turn on your mē device and select the first elōs level on the base unit, which is Low.
Put on the provided eye goggles or sunglasses. If you have a face adaptor, remove the accessory protective cap and connect the face adaptor. The face adaptor will
allow system to emit only single pulses with the desired energy level.
5. Press the elōs cartridge activation button on the applicator to turn on the applicator.
6. Gently position the applicator on the area you want to treat. Press again the elōs cartridge activation button to apply a single pulse. If you feel comfortable, you may change the elōs level from Low to Med or High.
7. Reposition the applicator on the next area to be treated and press again the elōs cartridge activation button to apply another pulse. Repeat these previous steps until you have covered the entire facial area. Wait at least 10 seconds before you treat over the same spot.
Note: Start with LOW elōs level, if you feel comfortable, you may increase the elōs level for better
Video Elos hair removal Plus
Maintaining your smooth skin
For best results, use mē on the same body area once a week for the first 7 times.
Performing additional maintenance treatments, after the first 7 treatments, will help
your hair removal results last longer.
We recommend treating the face every 1-2 weeks.
Note: If you feel that the hair is too noticeable, you can treat that specific area every 2 days.
For effective results, mē should be used according to the following table:
Note: Start at LOW elōs level. If you feel comfortable, increase the elōs setting for higher efficacy.
Done with mē?
1. Turn off the mē system by pressing the power button on the base unit.
2. Place the applicator into its cradle in the base unit and disconnect unit from power outlet.
3. Clean the cartridge light output window with a non-alcoholic based wet wipe or soft tissue, clean accessories as well.
4. Store the system in a cool and dry place AWAY from the reach of children.
5. Gently rinse your skin with lukewarm water and pat dry.
6. Gently apply moisturizing cream or Aloe Vera gel to your skin.